Current News and Events
Special Messagefor New Vorters
An important reminder to new residents, those who will turn 18 years of age by Nov. 4th, or anyone who is not yet on the voter checklist: the deadline to register to vote is Wednesday, October 29, at 5:00 p.m. The Lincoln Town Office will be open tomorrow from 8am to 7pm, but the deadline to register is 5:00 p.m. (per VT State Law). Applications must be RECEIVED by 5:00 p.m., in order to be processed.
The November General Election is just around the corner. Here is some important information you should know about it:
- Election Day is Tuesday, November 4. Our polling place is Burnham Hall, and polls will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Early or absentee voting is available by requesting a ballot from your town clerk, or by coming to the Town Office to vote.
- The deadline to register to vote is at 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 29. Applications must be RECEIVED by 5:00 p.m., in order tobe processed.
- Voters with disabilities have many options, please call your town clerk for details and assistance.
- If you are interested in volunteering to work at the election, call Town Clerk, Sally Ober.
- Contact Sally right away to request absentee ballots, especially if they are to be mailed. The deadline to request an absentee ballot is 5:00 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 3, but mailed ballots should go out ASAP.
- I am happy to answer any questions you have about voting, please call or e-mail me.
Lincoln Town Clerk
62 Quaker Street
Lincoln, VT 05443
(802) 453-2980 phone